Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fueling 55-56 Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Check out a Mobil station next time. Last time I was at the local one, they had 91 octane "clear gas" (no alcohol) in addition to their usual higher 105 octane "non-"oxygenated" (no alcohol) racing fuel in side-by-side pumps.

The nozzles on these pumps are the traditional size, so there is less
"squirting" pressure to either prematurely trip the automatic shutoff or to cause sudden splash back. Mobil is the only brand of gasoline that I've seen fairly consistently offering real no-lead, without alcohol.

P.S. The "bellows" attachment is not required in Minnesota... yet. I don't know about other states.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 22:12
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
In California no such luck...................

rik

Posted on: 2012/5/10 23:57
Riki
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Now that the bellows equipped nozzles will supposedly be phased out because "the majority of cars now recycle their own vapors and the bellows are no longer needed", it will be interesting to see if California agrees. After all, California probably dreamed them up and started the whole thing.

If our air resources board goes their own way as usual, I expect no change locally. EPA says we are in a "pollution basin" so air resources will undoubtedly regulate something. Being one of the large bureaucracies, it certainly won't give up anything easily.

If they do go along, will be just as interesting to see what "newly discovered major pollution contributor" they will get in an uproar about so they can re-task all those suddenly surplus nozzle inspectors. They already have their eye on some byproducts of farming operation.

Posted on: 2012/5/11 10:49
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
hh,

Wait till i have my 56 400 running, it will be so, what are you going to do now, EPA,,, they are HISTORY,

bunch of frauds,,, its all about MONEY, nothing to do with air.

won't say what i am doing just yet,,

rik

Posted on: 2012/5/11 13:20
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Riki,

Around here, at least so far, you don't need to do anything special if you've got an old car with the original fuel setup. Just pull up to that gas pump with the big snozzle and fill 'r up.

Posted on: 2012/5/11 19:45
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

First56Executive
See User information
Okay, I don't feel so bad now. Who knew that I should have checked in with you fine folks before filling for the first time. I over filled too. Went til the nozzle tripped then rounded up to the nearest dollar, like I have always done. What a mistake I must have lost a gallon or so on the road. I was fairly embarrassed. At least, I didn't take the nozzle off or get it stuck on the filler tube.

I am convinced that I had better check in with you gents before I do anything.

All the best,

Ray

Posted on: 2012/5/18 15:32
1st 56 Exec.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Ray................I think the issue is our "Arizona gasoline" products!

Posted on: 2012/5/18 19:50
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved