Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 86

humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

brake hose passage inside diameter
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Has anyone noticed on newer brake hoses the inside diameter the fluid passes through has gotten smaller? Here's my situation. Doing the brakes (wheel cylinders/hoses) on a 1937 Senior car. We last did them in 1991. I know this because the brake hoses we got from NAPA the last time we did them are date coded 1991. The inside diameter of the hole the fluid passes through on the old brake hoses is 3/16". Now 23 years later, we go to NAPA to get new hoses, and while they look identical to the old ones, the hole is only 1/8". They ordered another set for us using a different part number and they came back the same way again. I believe Packard used the same brake hoses for all the senior cars 1937 through 1950 (I know my 1948 Custom Series has the same hoses as my 1937 Senior car). Has anyone come across this at all? Am I worrying about nothing?

Posted on: 2014/7/26 23:33
 Top  Print   

Re: brake hose passage inside diameter
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I think it's a non-issue. If the hose ID were the smallest diameter in the hydraulic link between the master and the wheel, cylinder, the new hose might ever-so-slightly delay the return of the shoes to their fully retracted position when the pedal is released.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 8:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved