Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 66

kevinpackard, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Steering Wheel for 23rd Series
Just popping in
Just popping in

Eric Muench
See User information
I am looking for a replacement for my steering wheel for my 23rd series Deluxe Touring Sedan. It's a "bone" color. Any leads would be appreciated, thanks.

Attach file:

jpg  (138.68 KB)
2127_540dc1f35a5c0.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2014/9/8 9:49
 Top  Print   

Re: Steering Wheel for 23rd Series
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Kansasboy
See User information
Looks like a Super Eight.

Posted on: 2014/9/8 15:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's a Super Deluxe, not a Super Eight (note the egg-crate grille which was only used on the Super Deluxe and the Custom 8, not on the Super Eight).

Chances of finding an NOS or very good steering wheel is slim, but there are many folks who repair these wheels good as new. Someone may have a specific recommendation but you'll find folks who do this work advertise in Hemmings.

Posted on: 2014/9/8 16:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
There is a re-manufactured steering wheel currently on ebay but the opening bid amount is WAY above anything I would be willing to pay.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 9:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That is a goodly amount. I've read the restorations are not cheap so I'm curious if the amount was close to that or if the seller is recovering other costs. Has anyone had a wheel done in the last year or two that would be willing to share a ballpark figure.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 9:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's been a couple of years since I've been involved with a steering wheel restoration, and that didn't include any of the plated trim, cost as I recall was about $425 to grind out the tired plastic, patch and refinish; this was for a painted wheel. For the translucent ivory wheels I would think that recasting the entire wheel which is required to get the correct original appearance would be MUCH more.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 9:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Gentlemen,
Last January I received a quote of $1300 for a re-cast wheel for a 2106.
Mark

Posted on: 2014/9/9 13:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved