Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 25 »

Re: Wes's Maroon 1947 Custom Super Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Well it's been too long, so here's hoping I can pick up the pace. See the latest video on youtube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4XYpKlv3M
Wes

Posted on: 2013/2/28 16:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I don't know why I just can't keep going, too many other things keep popping up, but here's another video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYgjdjANeVk
Wes

Posted on: 2013/3/21 9:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Hi Gang,
I'M BACK! Well after a long time off, got a couple of dogs (puppies) that required a lot of attention, next kids and wife out of school (wife's a school teacher) and also over three weeks in Cyprus ( If you ever get the chance, GO!). So now trying to get back in to the swing of working on my Packard. A VERY BIG WAY TO GO Big Kev, great job. Just goes to show what one can do when they put their mind to it. Big Kev I liked the part about the tapping noise you had and how after all it was just a valve adjustment (If I read that right). It just goes to show how we can help one another out at times.
Also going thought some of the old post I notice someone said that one of the numbers on there car looked like an I and not a 1 (one). I remember when I was a kid the typewriter we had did not have a number 1 or a number 0. You had to use the lower case L for the number one and the upper case O for the number zero.
Well if anybody is interested I just put out the next youtube video, moving on to the Transmission and Overdrive. Out of all the videos I've posted my one on making Russian Black Bread has gotten the most views. O'well more people cooking then working on Packards. Ha Ha!
ENJOY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaJ5lV2FrVI
Wes

Posted on: 2013/10/18 22:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Well back to trying to get something done. Lapped the valves, got the head back on and tried to start it. No good, thinking the starter needing to be rebuilt, but first I figured I would try a new set of cables. Got the connecters from Tractor Supply and 0 gauge wire from Granger. Tried starting again and it fired right up. After it started to warm up, I started to get a lot of white smoke (steam). Retorqued the head fixed that problem. Finally tried to back it out and found I had no Reverse, First, Second and Third works. So push it out and washed the dust off it. At least the engine sounds good with good oil pressure.
Here are a few pictures after washing it off and an old picture when I first got it. It just goes to show cars don't grow old the kids do.

Attach file:

jpg  (211.24 KB)
1003_541e33b9183ac.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (195.39 KB)
1003_541e33f2a6f0f.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (162.87 KB)
1003_541e342a0df98.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (25.89 KB)
1003_541e346274a23.jpg 576X432 px

Posted on: 2014/9/20 21:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Cleaning it up and look what I found under the rear seat. I wonder how he ever got in.

Attach file:

jpg  (103.37 KB)
1003_543ec668b3c45.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (113.94 KB)
1003_543ec69685df4.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Lovely. I expect he got in thru the trunk or possibly there is enough gap between the side bolsters and floor. Those little critters can get in some of the tiniest spaces -- maybe even the 1/2" drain hole in spare tire well or maybe a hidden rust hole. Once they get in the trunk it is like a freeway thru the spaces between panels to reach almost everywhere. I found a small nest above the headliner all the way up in the corner of windshield.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
It doesn't take long once they find their way in, and they can access through very small holes or crevices. My car had nests in literally every place possible, including inside the exhaust ports in the engine block. Headliner full of nests, all seats, door cavities, ad nauseum. Of course the car sat for over 40 years in that shed, so the mice were probably migrating back to it to spawn like salmon over the years.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 18:11
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Well I'm back, been doing some little things off and on. Took it out washed it off put back in the garage. Since checking the engine over, fill it up with oil, it started right up and developed good oil pressure from the start and all the valves are nice and quite.
Started working on the rear end, so I made a little video on pulling the hub. Got a new toy and it made pulling much more easier, no beating with a 10 lb. hammer.
So here's a link to the video, I'm a little rusty so forgive the mistakes. Also I'm using a new iMovie program and it's taking me a little while to get it working the way I want. I was able to include a video in a video now and it looks pretty neat, I think. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ecXyqK75o

Posted on: 2015/5/12 12:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Wes, always enjoy your videos. That is an impressive drum puller. I had to purchase one recently because the rental store only had parts of the two they rent and none of the parts would interchange. I found mine online too, but it is the traditional type with three arms and a 'dog bone' to strike with a small sledge hammer. When my drum broke loose from the axle, the force threw the dog bone across the garage. It did not strike anything, luckily. I will probably never use it again, but at least I know it's there if I need it. Looks like the brake shoes have the same length linings on the primary and secondary shoes. Thanks for posting another informative DIY. Looking forward to the next one.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/5/12 12:54
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Moving on with Inspecting the Bakes and replacing the Rear Seal ( part # Victor 60866 which cross ref. over to a Timken 473473 and a NAPA 22392). I guess this would be a good time to repack the bearings also. So enjoy and don't laugh to hard at me, it is so hard to work and talk at the same time.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkA3vY5CkzE
Wes

Posted on: 2015/5/21 14:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved