Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 126

Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2262 Window Crank Removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ima48too
See User information
I need to remove the left front inner door panel to repair my lower door hinge.
Are the window crank handles and inner door handle held on with horseshoe clips like a GM car or do they have a pin.
Asking the forum seemed less destructive than digging in not knowing what to expect.
Thanks, Bernie

Posted on: 2014/9/21 16:45
 Top  Print   

Re: 2262 Window Crank Removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just press in on the panel and escutcheon and you should see the pin.

Posted on: 2014/9/21 17:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
What Dave said. There is a pin and it isn't a press fit or anything, they push right out. I used an awl.

Posted on: 2014/9/21 21:55
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ima48too
See User information
Thanks, I just had to push a little harder than I expected to get the panel back. I kept telling myself, this is a Briggs body. It must have pins instead of clips.
I need to replace the lower driver's door hinge. A good cleaning of the door panel upholstery and replacing the vinyl lower trim should keep me happy with that door for a while.

I bought this car in June and just got to drive it down the road for the first time. The car drove very well. I went up to the local gas station and fed it a few gallons; shut off the engine and took all the routine risks of normal driving.
The cashier said I should have a "swan" on all my cars.

There is a posting for information about this car. I haven't made any headway yet. The previous owner gave me a folder with all his information and receipts. He took it to a restoration shop to get running after a long hibernation near Pittsburgh, Pa. They did a brake job, new fuel and brake lines, R&R'ed the fuel tank to clean, sandblasted the wheels and put new tires on, and installed a new clutch.
He spent quite a bit of money and the workmanship is shoddy. I can see where I will be doing a lot of it over again. It really looks like they tried to deliver the message that this Packard was not the quality of car their prestigious shop wanted. Oh, well, they lost, he lost, and I made out pretty good.
Gotta go, taking it out for drive #2.
Bernie

Posted on: 2014/9/25 9:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved