Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Electrical problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
Hello, I am a new member Vinnie. I own a 1940 110 convertible. My issue is that I changed the car to 12 volts and I am trying to use the original 6 volt wiper motor. I had purchased a voltage reducer but I need to know how many volts the breaker box on the windshield motor assembly draws, part #30.754. The amp draw is dependent on the # of reducers I use. Thanks vinnie

Posted on: 2014/10/23 15:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Electrical problem
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Vinnie,
to PackardInfo but, unfortunately, I can't help with your query although someone should be along soon who can.

However, I invite you to include your '40 110 Convertible Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2014/10/23 16:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Packard Service Letters are available on this site.
Vol.13 No.15 shows Mechanical Specifications and Adjustments for the 18th Series (1940)

Data for the windshield wipers is shown under Electrical as 4-1/2 Amps at 6 Volts and fuse listed as 14 Amp.

Posted on: 2014/10/23 17:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
Thanks for the advice it was most helpfull. Vinnie

Posted on: 2014/10/24 11:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
Could you please explain to me how to access these bull items. Thanks . Vinnie

Posted on: 2014/10/25 6:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Usually coming into the site the literature and manuals page is the first that appears. You can go to the various categories by clicking on the blue heading and find your interest. For the article under discussion it is in the second column under Service Letter, Counselors, and bulletins. The specification info mentioned is here

For any other items, click on the header and a page will appear where you can find the items. There is also a listing by year down at the bottom of page which brings up all the literature on site listed as being for that year. If you are already in the forum section then click on the first item in the main menu for Packard Literature and Manuals. That will take you to the Literature Page. There is no real index in that section other than the type of item. You will just have to scroll thru what is available to find your year or interest. With a couple of exceptions, generally specifications and introductory material for the new models was published late in the year prior to the car while some service related problems that might have been found or discussed after introduction are in the car year plus maybe as long as 3 or 4 years later.

To find mostly service items of specific interest by category go to the Packard Service Index in the Main Menu. There you will find a listing of the service bulletins and counselors broken down by years or models of cars. Under those categories items are then indexed by major component pieces.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 8:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Vinnie,
for including your '40 One-Ten Convertible Coupe in the Registry.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 18:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re:radio
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
Gentlemen, I am looking for a radio head for my 1940 110 convertible. Thanks Vinnie

Posted on: 2014/11/10 12:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Hi Vinnie:

Those motors are rather trouble prone and if yours works I would consider that very lucky.

That being said, I wouldn't try anything that might damage the thing. Thus, I would put a 6 volt battery in the trunk and run the wipers on that. It may sound hillbilly, but those motors are not easy to obtain. The only other option is to convert the wipers to vacuum and put the motor aside.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 17:02
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved