Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 101

bertus cardinaal, westernshrouds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tropic Aire Heater
Just popping in
Just popping in

rally
See User information
Hi,

We have a 1930 Packard with a Tropic-Aire Heater. As you can see from the picture, the frame is quite broken and missing pieces. I've managed to find 3 pictures of it on the entire Internet and none of them are very detailed.

Does anyone have a picture we could look at? Or a spare frame? I'm going to see about having a new one made, but finding an intact one would be even better.

Thanks!
Rally

Attach file:

jpg  (113.95 KB)
39557_5450edaf77c22.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2014/10/29 8:46
 Top  Print 

Re: Tropic Aire Heater
Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Intact frames are impossible to find, old white metal cracks and disintegrates. the rh side is a duplicate of the intact lh side.

At the bottom on the lh side there is a small hole which is for an attaching rivet, was one on rh side also. They are for a photo-etched nameplate which was in one of several stylized Packard block letter or script. There may have been some other artwork in there but I do not recall.

You may want to try scanning and using a 3D printer to duplicate the other side if you plan on making molds for re-casting. Just an idea.

Thank
James

Posted on: 2014/10/29 11:23
 Top  Print 

Re: Tropic Aire Heater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
I'm sorry I missed this post. I am in the process of making this piece for my '30 sedan. Like you, I have several pieces of the frame. A local guy took those pieces and did a 3D scan, and from that has digitally recreated the original piece. I am now working on how to turn the design into an original(ish) part.

If you are interested in this part, please let me know (tom @ restorations120 dot com)

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2015/1/4 20:36
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved