Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 96

LSX_Packard, BigKev, Todd W. White, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Oil Rectifier
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gomer
See User information
WANTED
I am looking for an Oil Rectifier and the three lines that connect to the engine. It will fit 1925 and 1926 six and eight cylinder cars. There are only six 1925 Packard six cyl. cars registered in the CCCA and I am trying to restore a 326 Roadster which is one of two registered. They some times refer to this item as the bee hive. It does not have to work but it was part of the engine and doesn't look correct with out it.

Steve Stephenson
717-432-3591
glssms@aol.com
717-425-0737 cell

Posted on: 2014/11/6 16:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil Rectifier
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Steve(Gomer),
to PackardInfo. Sorry I can't help directly with your query but you might try a guy advertising on our Aussie Packard Club's website. He has a '26 6cyl Phaeton for sale and also has "Spare parts to suit mid 20's Packard including engine & gearbox amongst other items". Here's a link to the For Sale section of the Website. You'll have to scroll down, but there aren't too many items. Never know your luck!

And......I invite you to include your '25 326 Roadster in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Ozstatman,

Some nice looking cars. I especially like the '49 at the top of the series. However, I think maybe he flipped some of the images. Shouldn't #4 for the '49 look like this?

Attach file:

jpg  (28.98 KB)
1063_545cd9a65d225.jpg 494X370 px

Posted on: 2014/11/7 9:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Marston, are you joshing with us - it's an RHD car, no? Look at the first picture - the license plate reads correctly so the image isn't reversed and the steering wheel is in the RHD position.

Now...back to finding a Skinner Oil Rectifier - I suspect that won't be easy.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 10:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
It will be nearly impossible to find a bee hive.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 10:47
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Gomer, I made a couple of queries for you to several of the best parts mongers I know of for a Skinner Oil Rectifier. If I get a positive response for one that's available, I'll send you a PM.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 13:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Marston,

Dave's right, it is RHD. Although we do have LHD Packards here, including my '41 120 Club Coupe, the vast majority are RHD as delivered from the factory.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 13:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I am pleading a bit of ignorance here, but how does an oil rectifier differ from an oil filter?

I know the the Indian Detours Line, a company started by the Santa Fe Railroad to take tourists to sites in the southwest, initially used Packards as their tour vehicles. I believe they were 1926 8-cylinder models. They stopped using them because the engines were not lasting in the dusty conditions of the area. These Packards were fitted with oil rectifiers. They went to Cadillacs in 1929 and had much better service because of the Purolator oil filters fitted to those cars.

For those interested in the Detours line there is an article in a recent edition of the CCCA's monthly Bulletin.

Still curious as to how a rectifier works in comparison to a filter. Thanks

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/11/7 13:48
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just Google "Skinner Oil Rectifier" and you'll find more than you probably wanted to know. Basically a little distillation unit to remove low-boiling hydrocarbon fractions from the lubricating oil. Its use was not exclusive to Packard.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 14:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
O_D, thanks for the suggestion. Howard sent me an e-mail with the operation of the Skinner oil rectifier described in text and illustrations. Most interesting concept. I can see why the Indian Detours Line decided to go with Cadillacs. Of course, Packard went to full-flow oil filtering about this same time.

(o{]o)

Posted on: 2014/11/7 15:08
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved