Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

wire sheath alone frame rail
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
I am looking for the sheath that the wire run through along the frame rail on a 1934 1101-718. any place to start looking would be healpfull

Posted on: 2014/11/14 11:50
 Top  Print   

Re: wire sheath alone frame rail
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Lonny, I'm pretty familiar with 34 1100/1101 but can't place in my mind what "sheath" you are speaking of. No electrical cables sheathed that I recall. Got a better description? Packard part number? Photo?

Perhaps you're referring to one of the mechanical brake cables?

Posted on: 2014/11/14 12:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
when I bought the car from a resteration shop in salt lake city they tagged all the parts during the dismanteling and have the parts listed as insulators for the headlight wire as well as tail light wire. On page 27 of the service parts list I do not see any insulator parts or number. They look like the stuff you can buy at any parts store but are plastic. they look like coragatged black plastic. The orginal are more of a fabric

Posted on: 2014/11/16 19:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
OK, now I know what you mean. Yes, it's common enough and readily available. If Restoration Supply or Restoration Specialties don't have, any of the wiring harness suppliers will have it.

Posted on: 2014/11/16 20:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
If not worried about originality heat shrinkable tubing will do the trick.

Posted on: 2014/11/16 20:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Are you describing the braided cloth covering that is on each wire and may have colors and stripes or does this cover multiple wires in a loom? Someone here gave the link for the vendor of vintage wire. Will they have loom covers in cloth braid? you willnot want to use modern plastic split loom.

Posted on: 2014/11/16 21:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The asphalt impregnated woven fabric loom is available from many places and in diameters up to about an inch -- Restoration places and wire loom suppliers for a start and also several ebay and Amazon vendors that also sell terminals etc. Usually sold by the foot with typically a 10 ft length as a minimum but it is not the split type so you have to be able to pull the wires thru.

If you mean the patterned woven braided fabric type covering which is tightly wrapped over the wires such as comes from RI Wiring and the like on repro looms, that is machine done over a finished loom. Some of the places offer a custom braiding service over a loom you make.

Posted on: 2014/11/16 21:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you for the info

Posted on: 2014/11/17 17:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you

Posted on: 2014/11/17 17:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you

Posted on: 2014/11/17 17:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved