Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Russian Packard tooling made in Russia?
Just popping in
Just popping in

danrmorton
See User information
Whatever happen to the Russian packard tooling that was made in the ZIL Plant? My email address is danrmorton007@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2015/2/26 19:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Russian Packard tooling made in Russia?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
From what I have read in the past, the The Mark 1 Chaika, or, the GAZ 13, debuted in 1958. It was a copy of the American 1955 Packard Patrician four-door sedan. It was a step down from the ZIL Limo's and is not a relative of the ZIL a totally different manufacturing plant.

The company that made it is GAZ, they are still in existence today and were building Chevy Aveo for GM.

Anyone else got any updates?

Attach file:

jpg  (48.57 KB)
17226_54efd895d6977.jpg 800X535 px

Posted on: 2015/2/26 21:38
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Re: Russian Packard tooling made in Russia?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi danrmorton: Not sure I read your question correctly; are you suggesting that the ZIL was made using Packard-supplied dies? If so, that myth was dispelled thoroughly many years ago. Though there are some few minor parts that interchange like some parts of the dashboard, neither Packard dies nor tooling was involved in it.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 23:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved