Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
26 user(s) are online (19 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 26

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rear Window & Windshield on a '32 901
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
This past weekend I installed the 6 pieces of glass that go on the two sides of the car leaving the rear window and the windshield. I have questions concerning both.

I got a piece of weatherstrip channel (Steele Rubber)for the rear window, cut and glued it together to fit the glass. How is the 1) glass held in place,2) should I use a sealant, and 3) if so what is usually used)?

On the windshield, I searched and saw on an older AACA post that the brackets that hold it open were only used for one year and impossible to find. Has this changed or does anyone know of a source or could someone out there take a picture or two so I could see what they look like?

Posted on: 2015/3/16 20:40
 Top  Print 

Re: Rear Window & Windshield on a '32 901
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've not done a lot of glass work but have used 3M Clear Auto Sealer for fixed glass panels in rubber channel. I believe this is the same product Steele Rubber recommends for windshields and backlites.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 10:21
 Top  Print 

Re: Rear Window & Windshield on a '32 901
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know how the glass in the rubber channel is held in place - I was thinking a several small brackets screwed into the wood frame that would slightly overlap the rubber.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 18:40
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved