Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Head light switch 1937 c 115
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
My switch was stuck and I removed my speedometer dash panel to check the hockup. I was trying to remove it and it freed up. The nob on the end turns as the threads are striped or is this to be that way. Also I noticed the nob shaft with a 90 on the end is hocked into a flat brass rod , the 90 rod points downwards in slightly the brass piece is this correct. I can't see is thair another hole in the other sliding metal rod the shaft should be in?. Thank you. Dave

Posted on: 2015/4/17 12:04
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Re: Head light switch 1937 c 115
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A switch change they made in 36 probably carried over to the 37s so here is an illustration of the 36 switch showing the knob hookup. No idea if the wiring is the same though. They also issued a note in 38 about some interference on some switches so here is that article showing how the complete switch assy mounts to the dash. Also a photo of the tool used to remove the bezel.

Attach file:

jpg  (73.60 KB)
209_55314aa6b91e4.jpg 746X891 px

jpg  (66.91 KB)
209_55314aafe7c27.jpg 548X871 px

jpg  (30.11 KB)
209_55314abb5ad2c.jpg 547X432 px

Posted on: 2015/4/17 13:02
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
Thank you for this is , is thair any information on the removal of the switch. Thank!s. Dave

Posted on: 2015/4/17 14:25
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
iPad, if you're going to do much work on your '37 115 it might be worth your while to buy the reprint of the shop manual. This excerpt is from that publication.

Attach file:

jpg  (100.69 KB)
177_55315f913bcc8.jpg 548X836 px

Posted on: 2015/4/17 14:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

iPad wrote:
Thank you for this is , is thair any information on the removal of the switch. Thank!s. Dave

Been awhile since I've seen one apart but believe you pull the knob out enough to access and unscrew the bezel with something similar to the tool shown. I think there are a couple of slots in the bezel on either side of the shaft the prongs of the tool will fit into. Once the bezel is unscrewed the switch will pull back into the dash and the knob and shaft will be free to come toward you. You will need to maneuver both slightly to reach a point with switch and knob shaft positioning so the fuse end of the switch and the knob will both tip down slightly. Once you can do that then find the position where you can remove the bent portion of shaft from its hole in the switch mechanism. I think there might be a little piece of spring steel like material to keep pressure and sort of work like a retainer on the bent portion of shaft to help keep it in the hole but won't swear to that. If so you might have to squeeze the spring material and the switch part together to release the bent shaft portion.

As I said, it has been a long time so someone should soon correct me if wrong. Before trying you might wait for confirmation or another procedure.

Posted on: 2015/4/17 14:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
Howard , that makes seance to me, the switch works but I don!t like the way it looks, the Basel does turn free. I will check this in a few days
Thank you dave

Posted on: 2015/4/17 16:19
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
HH 56 thanks fo the help, you are correct it worked out fine. Thair are two switch slides one is thin brass the other heavier steel the 90 shaft was out of the steel rod engaged only in the brass. This would have broken in the future. I'am to good with a computer, I will see if I can put in a picture? I do have a shop manual but sometimes talking to a person who has been thair. The manual does not tell you how to disconnect to remove it. Thank's Henry, Dave.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.12 KB)
87975_5532f4a6d79f7.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2015/4/18 19:19
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved