Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 120 Convertible Coupe 2-4 passenger
Just popping in
Just popping in

Roger37
See User information
Hello,

I have a few questions about a '39 120 convertible coupe.

The dash and windshield frame/interior trim are painted the same color as the body. Is this correct for a '39 or should it all be wood grained?

Was a rumble seat an option for the '39 120 convertible coupe?

Were the two rear jump seats standard or an option for this car?

Thank you for your input.

Posted on: 2015/5/20 7:12
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 120 Convertible Coupe 2-4 passenger
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Roger:

Welcome to the world of PackardInfo.com - I see this is your first posting to the site.

I won't let on that you already own a 1937 Super 8 formal sedan because if I did then you would soon receive a greeting from a chap from OZ imploring you to list your Packard on the Owner's Registry.

Back to your questions.
? Dash: Should be woodgrained in French Burl Walnut, this is a change from 1938 when the dash was in "plain lacquer." You can verify this by using the Model Info tab and at the bottom of the page is a list of source material - download the Salesman Data Book
http://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1939_DataBook.pdf Look on page 90

? Rumble seat: Highly doubt it, others can chime in here

? Jump seats: Standard equipment, see page 95 of the Data Book. Therefore, since the jump seats were standard the is really no need for a rumble seat.

If you buy this Packard, then Mr. OZ will certainly be calling on you to list it in the Owner's Registry.

Best of luck

Posted on: 2015/5/20 8:24
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 120 Convertible Coupe 2-4 passenger
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Roger37,
As Roger said, to the world of PackardInfo.

"I won't let on that you already own a 1937 Super 8 formal sedan because if I did then you would soon receive a greeting from a chap from OZ imploring you to list your Packard on the Owner's Registry.....If you buy this Packard, then Mr. OZ will certainly be calling on you to list it in the Owner's Registry"

And Roger's right, now that he's spilled the beans on your '37 Super 8 Formal Sedan and, if you buy the '39 120 Convertible Coupe, I most certainly invite you to include them in the Packard Owner's Registry!

Posted on: 2015/5/20 14:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved