Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Inner fender color
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kleroy
See User information
I have the front clip off my '49 and am working on the inner fender panels. They are coated with a thick asphalt type coating that looks like it might be some kind of rustproofing or undercoating. It comes off when heated with a heat gun and scraped with a putty knife. It looks to be pretty old so I am wondering if this was something Packard did or if it was done by a dealer? The paint underneath is still shiny black. Also, I'm trying to find out if the inner fenders were originally painted black or if they are supposed to be the same as the body color. I've looked at a few photos in the archive and they all appear to be painted black, so any input would be great. I can't afford to redo my limo as a show car but I would still like to get as many details correct as possible, Thanks!!

Posted on: 2015/6/24 19:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Inner fender color
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Not sure if it's helpful but the inners on my '52 are and have always been gloss black

Posted on: 2015/6/24 20:53
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved