Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Body to frame cushion strapping
Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Does anyone have a source for the 3/16 inch x 2 inch cushion strip that goes between the body and frame of the senior cars? Mine seems to be a mixture of woven jute and cork.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 13:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Body to frame cushion strapping
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one comes up with a source for the identical item, if it is hidden or at least not in your face then here are some items that might be able to substitute as a cushion material.

McMaster-Carr has some rubber and cork gasket material that you would have to cut into strips. They also have some rubber and cotton belting that is the size you mentioned. Later cars used rubber/cotton belting for body mount cushioning and this one being tan with a rough surface might pass at a distance for jute.

Restoration Specialties has some woven cushion material that is used on a lot of later cars as anti squeek. While the width is correct, you would have to stack 1/8 and 1/16 sizes to get the thickness you want.

There is a place with upholstery type burlap or jute webbing in the needed width but I don't see it in the thickness you need.http://burlapfabric.com/jute-webbing Being for upholstery it may not be weather resistant enough

Attach file:

jpg  (90.06 KB)
209_564b84736d9e7.jpg 1272X1040 px

jpg  (69.34 KB)
209_564b8484e77de.jpg 1280X838 px

jpg  (64.41 KB)
209_564b8495723ae.jpg 1280X584 px

Posted on: 2015/11/17 14:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved