Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1950 Floorpans
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Al
See User information
Hi,

I need to replace some parts of the floor in my 50 Packard Standard Eight. Mainly the drivers foot area from the tunnel to the rocker and the passenger rear floor area. I think I've determined that these are not reproduced. I guess I could make them as close as possible. has anyone used re pops from say another type of vehicle that were close ?

thanks in advance

Posted on: 2016/2/5 16:20
 Top  Print 

Re: 1950 Floorpans
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
AFAIK the only company making any kind of repro panels for Packard is C2C Fabrication

They don't specifically list floor panels for a standard 8 but the extra wheelbase on six passenger bodies was in front of the cowl on pre 51 cars so the panels they have listed for the Custom 8 should be usable. None of their panels will be a direct drop in replacement and will require some customization. These would at least give a starting point rather than doing it all from scratch.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 16:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Al
See User information
Thank you ! Exactly as I wanted. Even if not exact its a start with the stiffening and creases etc, I can modify from there. Putting together a shopping list now.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 18:36
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Al
See User information
I'm also doing inner and outer rockers. I know I'm asking a lot but can anyone send some photos of their inner rockers and how the floor support channels go together from underneath, and a good shot of how the floor supports go downward to attach to the inner rocker mine are rotted.

Thank you

Posted on: 2016/2/6 13:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might follow along on this blog on The Packard Club forum, he's doing rockers and a whole lot more. Rocker work begins about page 3.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2251

Posted on: 2016/2/6 14:27
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Al
See User information
Thanks ! This is an awesome blog. I basically have the exact same project as he does, mines just a sedan. I read every single word !!

Posted on: 2016/2/7 15:59
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved