Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
54 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 52

wjames, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Light Bulbs for a 1932 901
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I'm getting ready to finish off the electrical on the car. I understand that it is impossible to find bulbs for the head lamps. I've looked in the Service and Parts Manual but don't seem to find any reference for the ones that go in the 1) tail/stop lights, 2) dash , 3) dome, and 4) reading lamp. Does someone out there have the bulb numbers that I should get?

Posted on: 2016/5/5 10:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Light Bulbs for a 1932 901
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
From fairly recent experience I believe all the bulbs except the headlight bulbs are very common, still in regular production, and readily available from NAPA and the like. And the headlight bulbs are not uncommon either though you may have to get them from one of the special bulb vendors or perhaps at a good auto flea market where I see them regularly; it's the 33-34 bulbs that are scarce. Can you read the bulb numbers from the old bulbs?

Maybe this little chart will help you.

And here's the 1932 Eight info from the "bible" for such info, the Standard Auto Electrician's Manual:

Headlamp #1000 bifocal
Fender #63
Instrument #63
Dash #63
Stop #1129
Tail #63

Dome lights are generally #81 or #82, depending if single or double contact (see chart).

Attach file:

jpg  (188.22 KB)
177_572b6fa687afc.jpg 1000X1445 px

Posted on: 2016/5/5 11:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Light Bulbs for a 1932 901
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be saving a copy of the chart with my reference materials for the car. I only have one bulb and it does not have a readable number.

Posted on: 2016/5/5 14:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved