Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 73

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Material type used on the foot rest of 41 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
I am completing the new interior of my 41 160 sedan. The upholsterer and I seem to differ on one part of the project. To me the foot rest that attaches to the bottom of the front seat appears to me to be mohair. He thinks it's a fine napped carpet. My question, is it carpet or mohair. Also what did Packard use to cover the blanket cord on the back of the front seat ? Thanks for any help with this.

Posted on: 2016/7/23 20:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Material type used on the foot rest of 41 Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
For what it is worth, on my 47 Custom the carpet on the front seat footrests which I believe is similar to the earlier cars appears to be the same material as that on the floor only without the thick padding.

Posted on: 2016/7/23 20:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
i believe you also have a SWB 1903 - the remnants on mine were not like the rather coarse carpet but more short cut pile. definitely not mohair, more like a cut velour. very easy job to repad and recover

Posted on: 2016/7/24 11:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
On my 2106, the material covering the blanket cord matches the windlace.

Posted on: 2016/7/24 14:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Many Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to post regarding this subject. Packard owners on this forum are so helpful. I'm so appreciative of the help I have received from all of you. Thank you !!

Posted on: 2016/7/24 22:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved