Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 118

Geocap, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Pre 1930s Fabric Swatches
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Once I get everything moved, I am going to try to thin out some of the duplicate Packard material and the non-literature items I have since I just don't have space to store long term. I have a lot of service letter and service manual duplicates for example.

One of the non-literature items I have are several manila envelopes that are labeled "Pre-1930 Fabric Swatches". Which contains pristine samples of the fabrics offered in those cars. Currently, they are packed way in prep for the move, so no pictures. But, any idea of a value on something like these? I am sure it is a limited market for those that would be interested in them.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 14:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Pre 1930s Fabric Swatches
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Kev,
Would The Packard Proving Grounds, or one of the Packard Museums be a possible landing spot for these items?

Just a thought.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 14:07
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That's a possibility. Just a museum would need to be in a position to have them for people to access when needed. Not just boxed away in long term storage, where people either don't know about it, or can't get access to it. That appears to be the problem with donating to some of the Museums.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 16:07
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Key,
Agree,
That's why I was thinking of the PPG, or museums, that have the space, and have a "library" that could be used for future Packard owners for research.

So, do you have the 55 Caribbean carpet patterns?

Posted on: 2016/8/16 18:16
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sorry, no patterns.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 11:52
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
The folks at the Nethercutt have a library that contains a lot of information. I've used them many times over the years and they are very willing to share their information with anybody that walks in the door. Skip, the librarian, has always gone overboard helping me when I've been there.

Posted on: 2016/8/20 10:10
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved