Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

41 Packard Robe Cord Assembly
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Okay, I have become a little disorganized for some reason. I am attempting to reassemble the robe cord on the back of the front seat in my 41. I have the two chrome assist handles for lack of a better term, the chain that runs inside of the cord itself. The two top bolts have a stem on the end of each bolt. Am I possibly missing something because I cannot successfully attach the chain to the bolts inside the handle. Is there possibly any other hardware for this. I had placed the bolts, handles and chain in zip lock bags. Any suggestions how to reattach this ?

Posted on: 2016/8/24 20:53
 Top  Print   

Re: 41 Packard Robe Cord Assembly
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No idea if yours is the same but my chain has a long skinny S hook about the same width as the chain at each end -- narrow enough to fit inside the rubber sleeving along with the chain. The S hooks attach to a sleeve like affair inside the seat back.

Posted on: 2016/8/24 21:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 41 Packard Robe Cord Assembly
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
I will try to post in depth photos later this week, your setup sounds different than mine. I cannot ever imagine how Packard hooked both ends so that the end of the cord doesn't show. I'm at a loss on this issue.

Posted on: 2016/8/24 22:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved