Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

Roland Irle, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Steering wheel horn push
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I found the original break down of the steering wheel and I see no gasket. Also you said something about pushing on the horn button, it's the ring that you should push on. The Ring kind of wobbles and goes back to the center position.
Also check to see if the screws going though the steering wheel line up with the Contact Plate. I'm just saying because the cracks in your steering wheel will change the position of the screws. It did on mine and I had to drill a new hole in the Contact Ring and Tap it.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (28.10 KB)
1003_57c7527f36996.jpg 791X517 px

Posted on: 2016/8/31 16:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe the gasket is off his old K wheel and is only needed with the Clipper deluxe K wheel and maybe some of the earlier or later deluxe wheels with all metal grounded hubs. What I called the contact plate that screws to the hub to hold the horn ring needs to be isolated from the hub via the gasket and also plastic bushings in the hub screw holes. The 3 spoke wheel hub in the illustration is plastic so the plate is already isolated from ground on those.

Posted on: 2016/8/31 17:33
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Howard Wade
See User information
Heres a pic of my replacement wheel.

Attach file:

jpg  (367.23 KB)
139012_57c7ec751a511.jpg 1920X1920 px

Posted on: 2016/9/1 3:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I'm a little late but after I found I did have access to a "K" steering I took it apart. I was surprised to find it's housing was metal where the "T" is plastic.
So I made a video to show how to put one back together and how to check if it is working correctly.
I hope you enjoy the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWj4FiyxMs
Wes

Posted on: 2017/1/4 10:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved