Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Road Trip
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I created this thread in "Modification Discussion", but it's really more general than that.

Next year (about Feb 2017) or so, I should have my Panther roadworthy. The first order of business will be to shake it down and work out the kinks. Since it's a body-off down to the last nut & bolt, there are probably kinks and subsequent shake out. That will be locally done and then a trip or two to Las Vegas "over the hump" from Pahrump. Later, I plan longer trips for fun and in preparation for my 50th USAF Academy Class of 1967 reunion in October 2017 to USAFA near Colorado Springs, CO. The latter is my hard "must finish by" date.

I am planning at least two: (1) to SoCal to visit friends and relatives then swinging North up HWY 1 to Carmel and over to Carson City, Yosemite and then home to Pahrump. (2) Trip to Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas with the same meeting of friends, relatives, etc.

My question is: How many posters here on PackardInfo.com have made major road trips in their Packards? Why and what-for?

Posted on: 2016/9/17 18:20
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Re: Road Trip
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dave
See User information
1950 Packard. Bought in Houston in October 2015. Spent many months getting it road ready for the cross-country trip. End of June through mid July. No air. Drove from San Antonio, Texas to Grand Haven, Michigan to surprise Dad for his 90th birthday with a ride in the Packard. Dad owned several Packards when he was younger. He has been diagnosed with earlier stages of dimentia. When he went for the ride in the Packard, it brought back many great memories for him. Drove the 66 year-old Packard back home to Texas on Route 66. Total of 4,078 miles over 18 days. What an adventure! What great memories.

p.s. Think about moving this topic to the general forum, you may get more stories.

Attach file:

jpg  (277.23 KB)
111493_57ec717160886.jpg 1706X1280 px

Posted on: 2016/9/28 20:34
happiness is a 1950 Packard 1950 club sedan deluxe [img]https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=1892[/img]
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Great story - glad it brought back some memories for your Dad.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 21:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
great story!

Posted on: 2016/9/28 21:59
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Clay
See User information
Great story! Beautiful Packard!
Would love to see some Panther photos!
Haven't driven my Packard but around the block.
Friends of mine (elderly) took a road trip a few years ago in their 1958 Edsel. No A/C was summer, drove to Grand Canyon and Yosemite from. NJ and back.
Hope to do that trip with the Mrs. in our Packard!

Posted on: 2016/9/28 23:08
"I have a great memory for forgetting things"
Lee Chan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Thanks for the story and the reality behind the story. Love the no-trim-rings-painted-wheels look.

Posted on: 2016/9/29 9:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved