Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1950 Custom Eight question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chester Sams
See User information
Can anybody tell me what this is? It's located just below the radio. It gets hot as hell.

Attach file:

jpg  (143.11 KB)
141256_57f3aefe75971.jpg 1080X1920 px

Posted on: 2016/10/4 8:30
S&S Gas Works Garage LLC,Chester
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 Custom Eight question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure If you are referring to the straight cable like item running across the upper part of photo which appears it might be the antenna lead or the round item inside the metal shield. Assuming it is the item inside the shield that is the low & medium speed resistor for the heater switch. It will get hot if the heater blower is on low since all the motor current is flowing thru the resistor.

IMO, one of the downsides of the "console key" instrument panel design in the 22-23 series is except for the headlight switch, you cannot tell what position any other switch might be in. If switch is on and you do not hear the blower it could be stuck or running so slowly the other noises in the car cover it up.

Posted on: 2016/10/4 9:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chester Sams
See User information
HH56,yes the round shielded thing. Thanks, the motor was stuck I freed it and lube it. I appreciate all your help.

Posted on: 2016/10/4 12:12
S&S Gas Works Garage LLC,Chester
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
Howard , you are so right about the switches. I had a time trying to figure out if my Electromatic clutch was on. It was so I got it turned off. It is also hard to operate switches while driving. Before driving by ones self it is best to set all controls before moving unless someone,[my wife], is along to help.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 17:31
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved