Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Coat Hooks in 50 Packard Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
I recently had my headliner replaced and we forgot to mark the location of the screw holes for the coat hooks. I don't know if coat hooks were a standard item in the Deluxe model, but I would be grateful if anyone with coat hooks in their 4DR 50 Packard Deluxe could give me a measurement from either or both of the nearby window trim screws to the coat hook screws (see attached picture of the rear driver side window). Thanks.

Attach file:

jpeg  (41.02 KB)
3098_583135b1a2acd.jpeg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2016/11/20 0:35
 Top  Print   

Re: Coat Hooks in 50 Packard Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
My 1950 Series 23 Deluxe 8 did not have coat hooks in it. The coat hooks are listed in the Packard accessories manual however.

Posted on: 2016/11/20 13:23
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Problem with a measurement from another car is the hooks were optional and could be installed by dealers. While there undoubtedly was a template or suggestion for location it was not carved in stone and don't believe there were factory provisions made for the attachment. If your hooks were fastened by sheetmetal screws, the hooks or template was just held in an approximate place while the holes were marked so the inner panel could be drilled for the screws. Finding those exact holes to reuse them again may be difficult.

Posted on: 2016/11/20 13:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
A few months ago there was a set of Packard coat hooks in original Packard box with instructions included showing where to drill holes for the hooks for sale on ebay. They were for your series of car. I was out bid for them.

Posted on: 2016/11/20 16:26
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
PA457512

Attach file:

jpg  (306.82 KB)
1052_58325d17db619.jpg 1920X1655 px

Posted on: 2016/11/20 21:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
Thanks everyone for the responses. The upholsterer may have to undo a corner of the headliner to take a peek, but I'll show him the diagram from 56executive.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 1:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved