Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Vesiapina's 1955 Packard 400 from Finland
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Does anyone happen to have good photos of a good condition or restored backseat before being installed to the car?

Posted on: 2016/7/17 6:43
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I seem to recall KevinAZ posted some photos of his 55 400 seats when he had them redone in the correct pattern. Not sure exactly what you need so they may not show what you want. If you just want the overall pattern and fabric choices there are some partial photos and upholstery samples in the 55 dealer album which you can download.

I found some old posts where Kevin offered his incorrect covers to someone who needed a serviceable item but not the posts where the newly redone seats were shown. If anyone with better luck or patience than I have with search can help find the thread it might be a starting point. The old upholstery was sold mid 2012 so I think the redone seats were posted somewhere in late 2011 early 2012.

Posted on: 2016/7/17 9:55
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
HH56 Quote:
I seem to recall KevinAZ posted some photos of his 55 400 seats when he had them redone in the correct pattern.

I have contacted KevinAZ with a link to this thread. He doesn't visit often anymore, but my email to him will hopefully get his attention.

Craig

Posted on: 2016/7/17 11:09
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
I'd just like to see what the rear seat looks like from all around after being upholstered since my seat was partly so broken that the upholsterer would like to see how they should turn out. :)

Posted on: 2016/7/17 12:43
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Any ideas where should I get the correct carpet for my Packard?

SMS? Kanter?

Posted on: 2016/11/22 5:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information

Posted on: 2016/11/22 7:43
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Vesiapina wrote:
Any ideas where should I get the correct carpet for my Packard?

SMS? Kanter?

SMS may have some and there was another gentleman who had the 55-6 carpet reproduced some years back. There is an ad in the latest PAC newsbulletin so some may still be available. Unknown if he ships overseas and I believe the carpet is material only so you would still need to have your local upholsterer make the finished pieces..

Attach file:

jpg  (16.14 KB)
209_58345ed94e830.jpg 642X130 px

Posted on: 2016/11/22 10:06
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
My project has been stalling for a while now since I have a huge vintage boat project which takes all my energy (and money). Now I really need to get the floor carpeting and as much as I wanted to, I don't think I can afford the original reproduction carpet Neal has to offer.

Kanter offers both cutpile and loop carpets. Have I understood correctly that the loop carpet is period correct and cutpile carpets weren't offered back in 1955?

Posted on: 2018/3/5 6:13
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved