Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Heater pipe
Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Hello, I was wondering if anyone who has a '39 Super 8 with a heater (maybe 37 and 38 also) can possibly measure the "S" shaped 5/8" pipe that rides along the top of the head that the heater hoses connect to. Just from the top to the bottom, not the total length of it. (I need to know where it curves at the end in relation to the rear of the head). Within a 1/2" should be fine. Also how high are the 2 brackets holding it from the head to their top. (I hope this isn't confusing to you!)

I just received in the mail a 5/8" stainless steel pipe and want to bend it correctly.

Thank You,

Steve

Posted on: 2017/2/17 16:50
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Heater pipe
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You could mock up the pipe with some stiff wire. This is an easy way to get the bends and length, and then transfer them to the pipe. I wonder how easy the SS pipe will be to bend. My experience is the SS tubing is more stiff than its steel counterpart. The brackets should also be an easy fabrication once you get the pipe done. Just figure out how far the pipe needs to be from the head. Good luck.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2017/2/18 11:21
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Actually just a side shot picture of the motor showing where the pipe ends up at the curve sections would do. More accurate than the wire method.

Posted on: 2017/2/18 14:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
I finally found one! (That was clear of course!)

Posted on: 2017/2/23 0:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations. Did you find a pipe or a photo? At any rate since information and the pipe is so elusive maybe you could post all the dimensions and shapes in case anyone else is in your situation.

Posted on: 2017/2/23 9:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved