Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

fuel lines
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Captdoyle
See User information
Hello ,

I have a 37 115c with a six cylinder and a 36 120 with a eight cylinder. Both have had the mechanical fuel pumps removed and electric fuel pumps installed . I have had the original fuel pumps rebuilt and was looking for a picture or illustration of how the fuel lines connect to the carburetor and fuel pump .

Thanks,

Doyle

dhinds@americansic.com

409 365 7182

Posted on: 2017/2/20 16:05
 Top  Print   

Re: fuel lines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (34.30 KB)
1067_58acaff404fcd.jpg 384X512 px

Posted on: 2017/2/21 13:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Doyle, it's unclear to me whether you're asking about the physical routing of the lines, or how to determine which line connects to which pump port. If the latter and the pump ports are labeled, "in" connects to the tank and "out" to the carburetor. If they are unmarked, stroke the pump with your hand if it's out of the car, or by cranking the engine over; the port that creates suction against your finger connects to the gas tank and obviously the other port, the outlet, goes to the carburetor.

Posted on: 2017/2/21 14:19
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Captdoyle
See User information
Thank you very much.
This is a great illustration.

Kind regards,

Doyle

Posted on: 2017/2/21 23:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Just for the record: The photo is a cropped and enlarged one of my 115C's engine. The fuel and vacuum lines and air filter are not as installed by Packard.

The line between the fuel pump and carburetor is formed so it is routed as far away from the manifolds to avoid heat.

The vacuum line from the intake manifold to the vacuum pump is formed so as to have a trap to keep raw fuel from draining into the pump.

The vacuum line from the carburetor to the distributor has a different shape than originally fitted.

The air filter is one from an early Chevrolet fitted with a modern pleated paper filter element.

All of these are probably "unnecessary improvements". They work fine, but doubtful if any advantage was realized with the ones I installed. Look for a different illustration if you are wanting an authentic looking engine compartment.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2017/2/22 12:13
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
O, JayDub, I forgot you are not a purist.
These images are from an American and Spanish 1937 sales brochure.
The "six" is labeled, but you can't count the wires, so I think they used the identical illustration for the 120.

Attach file:

jpg  (55.03 KB)
1067_58ae0d76bcd1d.jpg 666X573 px

jpg  (118.19 KB)
1067_58ae0d80ef54e.jpg 1276X724 px

Posted on: 2017/2/22 17:15
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Captdoyle
See User information
Thank you JW.

The running board trim came out nice also.

Doyle

Posted on: 2017/2/22 17:59
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Captdoyle
See User information
Thank you very much.

This is great.

Doyle

Posted on: 2017/2/22 18:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Joe, Thanks for helping out Doyle. Now he has a choice of which way he wants to go. You're correct, I am not a purist. However, the changes I make are not permanent and they can be removed and original items replaced. I appreciate the value of originality and the benefits (sometimes) of doing things a little differently. The main thing is helping others by providing information so they can enjoy their Packards. Take care...

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2017/2/23 17:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

livingood
See User information
so looking at pics for vacuum lines right side will go to manifold and left side will go to wiper What size line for vacuum lines

Posted on: 2017/5/20 22:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved