Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

stripping on 33 1003
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
It is time to get the strips on my 33. I would thank you in advance for any pictures of what original strips look like. I believe Owen-Dyneto has posted some pictures in the past, however I do not know how to find them with my limited computer skills.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 20:47

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: stripping on 33 1003
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Dell; striping, or stripes, not stripping or strips.

You might go to the Packard Club website, then to their forum, and the to the group Packard Photos. Then select "original detail features" and on about page 6 of that thread you'll find the 1934 pinstripe details. (I'll try to add the link later). But 1933 striping is somewhat different so I suggest if you want it totally correct you contact Bruce Blevins in Michigan as he is THE authority on 1933 models.

I have a friend with a very original and unmolested 1933 Super Eight club sedan; I'll ask him if his pinstriping is still intact and if so, I can get some photos.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=686&start=70

Posted on: 2017/4/17 21:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
There is a letter from Packard that still exists and defines the striping specifications for 33-34. It specifies a double stripe of .060 (I think). Attached is a picture of some original. The fender beads and lower body moulding also got the same double stripe. Most restored cars and cars claiming to be original do not have the correct striping. I don't think I've seen a winning car at rabble beach with the correct striping.

Attach file:

jpg  (21.54 KB)
373_58f6764453bef.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2017/4/18 15:25
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Tim, are you confirming that 1933 and 1934 used the same pinstripe patterns? If so then we have everything Dell needs. I note in your photograph that the sidemount mirror is mounted backwards, the latch lever and lock should be inboard.

Posted on: 2017/4/18 16:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Thanks Dave; I printed the pictures and will call Bruce as I need to talk with him about some bolts. Also thanks again for the spelling lesson, as in the past you get me almost every time even with a doctorate degree I have never mastered spelling. We all do the best we can. Sincerely Dell

Posted on: 2017/4/20 12:49

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved