Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Diamondback 7.00 x 15 radial tire pressure
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I thought they told me 45 lbs for tire pressure. I have sent an email to confirm. Anyone else have this tire? What air pressure?
Car is 1947 2106.

Posted on: 2017/5/17 20:25
 Top  Print 

Re: Diamondback 7.00 x 15 radial tire pressure
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
45 psi sounds excessive for typical tires. What maximum inflation pressure and corresponding load are stated on the tire?

If the load rating in lbs at maximum inflation pressure, times 4 (4 tires) is close to the road weight of your car and typical passenger load, then I'd inflate to or nearly to the maximum stated on the tire. If the load rate x 4 gives a comfortable margin over the weight of the vehicle and passenger load, then I'd inflate to less than that and get the benefit of a softer ride.

By way of an example, I just replaced my 27 year old Lester tires on my '34 Packard with a new set of Bedfords. The Bedfords show a maximum load rating of about 1600 lbs at 40 psi., or 6400 lbs total. My car weight with a typical passenger load is about 4500 lbs and thus I know I can inflate to significantly less than maximum pressure of 40 psi. For starters I've chosen 36 psi.

BTW and just as an aside, as excellent as the Lesters were to give 27 years of service and still look pretty much like a new tire (no crazing, cracking, or other signs of age, whitewalls that never yellowed or discolored), I chose to go with Bedfords both on the advice of others who have had
touring experience with them, and because both the whitewall width and tread pattern are more appropriate for the era of the car. Though it was a bit of any extra expense I did stay with the metal stem inner tubes with nickel hardware, '34 was the last year for that. Sorry for the digression.

Attach file:

jpg  (120.77 KB)
177_591da7e175b80.jpg 1500X978 px

jpg  (165.59 KB)
177_591da7ea7fa50.jpg 1500X1101 px

Posted on: 2017/5/17 21:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I have Diamondback WWWs on my 37 (Hankook radial tires). The company rep says they suggest at least 36 lbs. in order to keep the sidewalls more rigid to prevent the whitewalls from separating from the tire. I have adhered to this advice and the whitewalls are still looking good. 45 lbs. sounds extreme.

What is the max tire pressure for the tires you got from Diamondback? I would not exceed this rating. You can find this info on the inside of the tire as Diamondback removes all the tire info from the outside when they affix the whitewall. JWL

Posted on: 2017/5/21 13:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
Thanks. I will do the math and go from there.

Posted on: 2017/5/21 15:24
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved