Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 93

Alvin14, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1955 Custom Clipper Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
You sound like you were/ are proud of that car. I am so privileged to be associated with a group, like yourself. I was very proud of the 51 Patrician I had. It killed me to let her go. Getting the opportunity to get this 55 Constellation is beyond proud....I'm picking her up today and today could not get her fast enough. I have about a 300 mile round trip to get her home......Pics to follow !

Posted on: 2017/6/10 7:43
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Diehard51
See User information
Well, how'd the trip go. Updates??? We need updates...

Posted on: 2017/6/10 23:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John McCall and Mitch Parker
See User information
Can't think of anything more exciting than going to pick up a Packard. These cars just have an unbeatable mystique, and are so much a part of my childhood, beginning with a 1955 Clipper Super with no engine or transmission. But I washed and waxed that car within an inch of its life. I kept it in a neighbor's back yard and they thought that the maid drove it there everyday. I even painted whitewalls on the black wall tires!

Posted on: 2017/6/11 5:27
1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1956 Packard Patrician Touring Sedan
1938 Eight Touring Sedan
1949 Custom Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Maybe he is shock.....

Posted on: 2017/6/11 8:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
ROTFLMAO.......
The trip was success ! When I got there, the gentlemen had it on the trailer already. I had stopped and bought a new battery because he had stated that he didn't have one. I through 5 gallons of gas in her. She cranked and wanted to come to life. We primed the carb and hit the key....she came to life....for a few seconds. Three more times, we did the carb prime and she started and purred like a ....TIGER ! The water pump was growling like nobodies business......ROTFLMAO. It needs a water pump. If anyone has a spare pump for a 352 collecting dust<, I'd love to take it off your hands. It has new brakes and wheel cylinders, just need bleeding. I will say, it's a tad bit rougher than I expected. But, she has good bones. Every light works, power antenna works, power seat works. It has a little bondo here and there but workable. My wheels don't fit. Need to get the tires swapped.
I am still as excited as I was on the drive down to get her ! Pics to follow in the project blog......STAY TUNED !

Posted on: 2017/6/11 8:46
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Williams
See User information
well? Did you get the 55 Clipper Custom Constellation?

Posted on: 2018/6/4 8:25
Jeff W
Pittsburgh
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved