Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

23rd & 1/2 series dataplate reproduction
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom in KCMO
See User information
Hello,

I'm searching for a reproduction VIN / Dataplate for a 23rd (& 1/2) series station sedan as the paint on the original plate is mostly gone. There's a guy on ebay that'll reproduce them provided that he has all of the information. Through googling, I found a match (see attached), however the image isn't quite perfect and some of the patent numbers are still missing. If anyone has this version dataplate, would you mind taking a picture and forwarding? Maybe put a piece of tape or such over the actual VIN for safety? This'll allow the ebay guy to create an good template.

Many Thanks!

Tom in KC
2393-5 Station Sedan

Attach file:

jpg  (29.26 KB)
32490_596007626b12c.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2017/7/7 17:17
 Top  Print 

Re: 23rd & 1/2 series dataplate reproduction
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one has a car with that plate to post a photo, there is a view of the plate on page 34 in Bob Neal's 22-23 series book as coming off a 50 model. A little dark but you can read all the numbers. Interesting there are 4 fewer patent numbers on that one as there are in the plates Pulfer and Williams has listed as 42-49 and 49-50.

Posted on: 2017/7/7 17:49
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Check the Texas Packard Meet website. The webmaster, Bill Clark, replicates Packard patent plates and may have the one you desire. You will need to have it stamped with data for your car. JWL

Posted on: 2017/7/8 9:10
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom in KCMO
See User information
Actually, Bill is the guy I'm working with on ebay. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Tom

Posted on: 2017/7/8 10:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Is there a difference between 23 and 23-1/2? If not I can make a good photo or scan of a plate from a 23rd series that was removed from dad's Packard when it was painted in the early 1960's. That car is long gone, but the plate remains in my dresser drawer and numbers seem the same as what is pictured.

Attach file:

jpg  (338.20 KB)
4384_596261a5ec259.jpg 1902X1920 px

Posted on: 2017/7/9 12:02
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom in KCMO
See User information
That's it!

Many thanks for the photo. Bill Clark has a new one on the way.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2017/7/10 9:15
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

John Zicha
See User information
How or where can I find this "Bob Neal's 22-23 series book"???? I can't find it anywhere on this site.

Posted on: 2017/7/31 0:10
1950 Packard Standard 8- plain jane no options!
24,000 original miles
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
The book isn't available here. However it is available on Amazon, I think it's through Dwight Heinmuller.
EDIT - Just saw your other post that you've already found it on Amazon!

Posted on: 2017/7/31 1:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
AFAIK, Dwight H. is the exclusive dealer for Bob Neal's 22-23 series Packard book and I think his 51-54 book too. He sells thru his websitehttp://www.packardparts.org and thru Amazon. I don't believe there are any digital downloads available.

Posted on: 2017/7/31 8:34
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
I bought both of Neal's books through Dwight last year, when he offered both for a package price that was attractive. He may still have the "two-fer" offer alive.

Both are great and useful assets for a Packard fan. At present, I am told that I am not allowed to have a fourth Packard, but if a 1951-54 would come along, the second Neal book already has me prepared. It is unfortunate that a V-8 edition never had Neal's touch, but someone, someday, may make the attempt. Bob Neal set a very high bar for any who might follow him.

I'm thinking of the literary logistics of doing a Beverly Kimes-like attempt where various author experts tackle the job of their own chapters on the 1955-56 Packards. I already have my Dream Team list of contributors in mind. Each and everyone would be a familiar name and contributor to this forum. Any volunteers out there? George, Howard, Dave, Roger, Ross, Leon and Roscoe....you know who you are.

Posted on: 2017/7/31 10:48
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved