Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Gunmetal blue paint for dash 1953
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Where to find?

I really at this point would like touch-up paint. There is a scratch below the ignition switch where keys hanging from a keyring scratched it, and there are rust spots around where the radio goes, exposed when I took the radio out to get it repaired.

Posted on: 2017/7/15 1:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Gunmetal blue paint for dash 1953
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think there has ever been a regular paint chart for interior colors. The names and number are in the 48-54 parts book -- INTRO section, page XVII -- but even if you found the color info and could find NOS or have new made, your dash is undoubtedly faded. Trying to repair and blend in a small area with newly made or NOS would probably be very noticeable.

IMO, you would be better off taking a small item -- say an ashtray -- to a local automotive paint store that does color matching either by eye or computer and have the minimum order made. The paint would be much closer to matching your present color.

The downside is you might need to buy more than you need which isn't necessarily bad because then you have some for the next time. When I had some exterior paint made I bought the minimum which was I think was a pint or two spray cans equivalent. There was some left over after filling the spray cans which he put in a typical brush cap bottle.

Posted on: 2017/7/15 9:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved