Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: forgive me for I have sinned, Chevy engine in Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

Wayne Atkinson
See User information
As far as the trailer hitch receiver goes. I will have to go out in the cold garage and jack the car up and get a picture. But basically I made a couple of brackets out of 4" angle iron, that was trimmed so it would bolt onto the outside of the original bumper brackets, It used the same bolts. The lower lip of the angle then was below the original bumper brackets and pointed to the center of the car. I used 1/4" wall 2" square tubing and placed it right next to the Packard frame crossmember. The ends of the tubing rested on the flanges of the previously installed angle iron brackets. The tube was welded to the angle brackets. Then I made up a short receiver out of the same tubing and welded it to the new crossmember. I made up a short ball mount out of 1/4" wall x 1 1/2" square tubing. There isn't a lot of space up there so everything has to be shorter than commercially available parts. I will take a picture but it might take a couple of days. Wayne

Posted on: 2009/1/7 18:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Good God Wayne! What have you done? Just think of this; what are the Chevrolet people going to say when they learn you put a Packard behind a their power-plant! Hummmmm, The next thing you know GM will be going bankrupt and kids (30) years from now will be asking, "Who made Chevrolet?"

I enjoyed reading the post & salute your ability to improvise! My humble plan is to one day have GM's 700R4 transmission replace the ultramatic in my '55 400, which is just about out of the paint shop as I write!!!!!

Best regards & as others have already said, WELCOME to this great site.

Kevin
Tucson
55 Packard 400
01 Chevrolet 2500HD Silverado

Posted on: 2009/1/12 21:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Cool car, go on to the Packard shows and enjoy yourself. If you keep the hood down and don't tell anyone who will know?

As far as getting stoned at Packard meets, if you want to fit in stick with Scotch and water. They are a pretty square bunch.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Posted on: 2009/1/28 17:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Faust
See User information
Just so you know you are not the only one, the last time I looked, Fatman Fabrications offered a Mustang II front suspenison for the 120.

Posted on: 2009/2/28 23:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

packardpartspuller
See User information
I work for a Packard parts distribitor, I have seen a lot of cars both restored and "rodded. I'm just glad to see you have got it on the road, at the end of the day it comes down to what you want and what makes you happy, no you probably won't be invited to a premire judging event but, hey you will be the one driving your car to Autozone to get the parts you need when other cars are on the trailor? Good Drives and Good Times.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 22:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
packardpartspuller wrote: I work for a Packard parts distributor.........

G'day packardpartspuller,
to PackardInfo. Know you work for Max from your other post but, do you own a Packard? If so, I invite you to include it in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it. If not, maybe working with Max might lead to one?

Posted on: 2009/3/7 3:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Bob Hendrickson
See User information
You're not alone.We installed a 350 chevy w/turbo hydramatic 350 tranny in the 52 Patrician ,we're restoring. It works good. Albeit it's not gonna win any prizes for a perfect packard restoration at any car shows. It serves it's purpose. Chevy replacement parts are far more available than 52 packard parts while traveling the highways and byways of the USA,from my experiences learned while doing this project. "A man's gotta do,what a man's gotta do!"(clint Eastwood said that I think) Happy Motoring!

Attach file:

jpg  (2.40 KB)
1365_49b28d49b2972.jpg 100X75 px

Posted on: 2009/3/7 10:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Bob Hendrickson wrote: You're not alone.We installed a 350 chevy w/turbo hydramatic 350 tranny in the 52 Patrician ,we're restoring.......

G'day Bob,
to PackardInfo and to your friend who owns the Pat as I found out from the caption in the Packard Photo Archive "My Friend's 52 Patrician 400". I invite you, or your friend, to also include the Pat in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and the details of how it was acquired.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 14:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Gerd,

That pic outside the Paramount Studio must have been taken during the time of making "Paint Your Wagon"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_Your_Wagon_(film) with Lee Marvin as Ben Rumsonhttp://www.metacafe.com/watch/2162103/lee_marvin_1969_paint_your_wagon_wandrin_star_ully/ and Eastwood as Pardner. Along with Yankee Doodle Dandy with Jimmy Cagneyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Doodle_Dandyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6frGqfa3HGk the only musical movies I've ever truly liked.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 17:48
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kustom53
See User information
Wayne, could you post up a picture of your engine bay?? I for one would love to see what you've done.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 22:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved