Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 133

DavidM, CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard windshield and Glass interchange 54/56
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Hello will a windshield from a good door clipper fit a 2 door. Will clipper glass fit in a 400. Does 55 glass work on a 56. The front grill and body appear the same but I know a half an inch can throw you off?
Thanks..

Also how about the driver side door glass. Will that interchange from a sedan or a 56, I I have a 55.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 20:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard windshield and Glass interchange 54/56
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might consult the parts book, where the part numbers are the same between models, the parts are identical.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 20:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
All 55-56 windshields are the same except the convertibles. All hardtop and convertible side glasses are the same.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 21:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Thanks Owen and Ross you answered my question, I'm going to buy the windshield just to have a spare. Have a good night

Posted on: 2017/11/9 23:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Windshield:
U mite want to do some research to determine if some OTHER make of car from the 55 to 60 time frame windshield will fit.

There was a discussion about this some 10 years ago here at P'Info.

IIRC i measured a 55 Chevy windshield but under the conditions i had to measure it i could not determine if it would fit Packard or not.

Let me put it another way:
Probably find a Chevy or Ford etc windshield alot faster and a lot cheaper than trying to SPECIFY just Packard. Not sure if there is a cross mfg'er fit or not. But maybe worth the research for anyone so inclined at this time.

Posted on: 2017/11/10 13:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information

Posted on: 2017/11/10 13:44
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I can't believe this myth that a 55/57 Chevrolet windshield fits 55/56 Packards persists and persists!!

Posted on: 2017/11/10 18:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Well ok. Maybe not chevy. But what about some OTHER make or model of car.
BTW, chevy ran the curved windshield up thru about 1962????? The 59 and later chevies became wider than the so called tri five chevies. So very possible 59 thru 62 chevy mite fit 55 56 packard.

Posted on: 2017/11/10 18:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Since Packard was an independent that custom made just about everything specifically for their cars, it would be a very odd coincidence if something like that would fit from another make of car! Doing Google search I found at least one source selling the 1955 and 1956 windshield new.

Posted on: 2017/11/10 22:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved