Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
57 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 56

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

48-50 tank sending unit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I know this topic has come up in several earlier posts. My question is has anyone come up with a direct replacement for the bimetal element unit in the 22nd and 23rd seres cars. Thanks Dell

Posted on: 2017/11/13 10:06

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 48-50 tank sending unit
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Yes and no.

You might read thru Tinman_70's project blog at PAC or get in touch with him to get an update or a better idea of what might be a possibility.

Near as I can remember he and maybe one other poster are the only ones who have done any kind of work in trying to find an easily available substitute for the 48-50 senders. Believe there is a Ford sender from the same era that works the same as the Packard item and could work in our tanks with an arm modification but that sender is also becoming hard to find.

From the initial work Tinman_70 did it seems as if there may be a straight resistance unit that can be substituted but I don't believe his car has been on the road yet to get any long term reliability reports. You will need to read thru his blog a bit farther because after writing about the initial experimentation I believe a few more pages in he mentioned not needing an item or doing something differently.

Posted on: 2017/11/13 10:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 48-50 tank sending unit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Thanks Howard; Very interesting conversion, will do a little research. Jon

Posted on: 2017/11/13 23:05

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved