Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 115

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1952 Mayfair--What's Correct?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve Henderson
See User information
I'm looking at a 1952 Mayfair that is advertised as "factory original." The wheel covers have cloisonne centers (like the 22nd/23rd Series Customs), finned headlight bezels like the 1954 models, and chrome "tailfins" like my '53 Patrician had.. I'm not an expert on this series, so I'm wondering whether any of these items were offered in 1952 as accessories, and therefore "legal."

I can buy correct wheel covers and headlight bezels if they aren't factory correct, but those chrome fins on top of the rear quarters are going to have holes under them.

It all looks nice, but I like authenticity best.

Any help from people more knowledgeable than I will be appreciated.

Steve in Indiana

Posted on: 2018/2/15 15:09
Steve in Indiana

1949 Deluxe Eight Sedan
1955 400 Hardtop
1956 400 Hardtop
 Top  Print 

Re: 1952 Mayfair--What's Correct?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Cloisonne hub centers and the headlight rims absolutely incorrect. I'll let others comment on the rear fender trim pieces as I seem to recall there was some sort of option but I don't recall applicable years and models.

Posted on: 2018/2/15 15:52
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a post from a couple of months ago on the extensions. Even if the Mayfair was produced before the release date they were an option any dealer would have sold and installed if an owner wanted a set.http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=198373#forumpost198373

There have been several on this forum who have added the 54 headlight rims to earlier cars just because they look so distinctive and liven up the fender a bit. Unless you are going in for judging I think they are a nice addition.

Posted on: 2018/2/15 16:27
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
If you decide to come out west, Las Vegas, I am just finishing a refreshing up of a 1952 Mayfair, I have had since 1989. All original no rust ever, southern california car. Perhaps original engine, certainly correct serial number. Car came from long time owner in Orange County, Fred and Carol Mauck's parents. Seen at many PI shows during the eighties. Due to space time to go.
Thanks Todd

Posted on: 2018/2/15 16:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve Henderson
See User information
Todd:

Takes me back somewhat. I knew Fred and Carol and met the parents, saw that car back when. Glad to hear it's in good hands.

Where did the time go?

Steve

Posted on: 2018/2/15 18:08
Steve in Indiana

1949 Deluxe Eight Sedan
1955 400 Hardtop
1956 400 Hardtop
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information

Posted on: 2018/2/15 22:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
The Pearson's. I don't drive it too much anymore, have a 39 and 40 I enjoy driving more. Don't ask me why.
Time flies by.
If you were around town in those days, you might remember Roger Morrison, just talked with him last night.

Posted on: 2018/2/15 23:54
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved