Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 74

37Blanche, Packard Don, Packard Lover, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bulb Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I am refurbishing a pair of 1940 teardrop front parking lights. After considerable effort, I got them apart without breaking the glass globes and found both bulbs needed replacing. Other than 'Made in USA' I can find no numbers on them. They are double contact bulbs that look a lot like 1157's were we in 12 volt territory. Does anybody know a 6 volt number for these??? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2018/3/8 22:21
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Re: Bulb Question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Check the pin locations on your existing bulbs or the sockets. Apparently there were two type sockets offered in 40 parking lights. If the pins are straight across from one another the bulbs are non polarized and it would need an 1158. If the pins are offset -- one higher than the other -- the bulb is polarized and it is an 1154. Both are 6v and readily available -- although some places will want to sell them by the box of 10.

Posted on: 2018/3/8 22:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Newbie, I strongly suggest you pick up (or read online) an owner's manual for you car - full of good information about care and maintenance. The bulb chart is on page 38, it states the bulbs you asked about are #1154.

Posted on: 2018/3/9 8:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thanks Howard and Owen for the replies. Owen, I HAVE a manual for my 1939 1700. I've also downloaded the options manual for that year and although parking lights were an option in '39, they look different than the '40 parking lights, and seem quite rare. Most of the '39's I have seen in pictures that have added lights, seem to go with the later model pair - thus the question.

Posted on: 2018/3/9 11:35
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved