Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Ultramatic 1951-54 Packard hose
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
On the Ultramatic equipped cars, do you buy the lower radiator hose for a standard transmission car and cut it for use on the Ultramatic cars with the transmission cooler?

Thanks John

Posted on: 2018/3/17 8:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Ultramatic 1951-54 Packard hose
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are eliminating the cooler and going to something else you could replace with a standard trans hose but the stock cooler hoses are short straight lengths like the 55-6 uses aren't they? Most parts stores should have straight hose in a 6 or 12" length. If not what about a hose with a 90 degree bend and longer legs which could be cut and the excess used for the bottom hoses. That way you could use the 90 portion for the top hose.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 10:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Or, if you don't mind a little extra cost just buy a hose kit from Kanter or Max.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 11:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
But should a set of hoses be 50-60 bucks??

Posted on: 2018/3/17 12:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Well, I wouldn't pay $50, I'd go to the auto parts store and browse the hoses until I found one of the correct diameter which had a section with the profile I needed.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 13:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Try Napa 7694 which will work for the upper with enough left over for the straight lower. Buy two if you want to replace the angled lower.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 14:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I see 7694 listed in the parts section, but didn't think it looked like the right thing. There is also a listing for Napa 7197 I found shown for the lower hose in the parts.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 17:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It would need to be cut to fit the upper but it is indeed correct as I just put one on my 1954 Patrician a few weeks ago. I did not change the lower but I did look to see that there was enough left to use on the cooler's upper end too. The same Napa hose will also fit a 1955 or 1956 V8.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 18:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved