Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Inside fender colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm in the process of repainting my 38 super 8 convertible sedan. What color should the inside of the fenders be? Body color or black? I know the bottom of the sidemount well is body color, and the splash shield (or whatever its called) between the frame and the front fender is black, or am I mistaken? What about the rear fenders?
If the whole inside of the fender is body color how to prevent it from being beaten up by rocks from the road?

Posted on: 2018/5/14 10:10
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Re: Inside fender colors
Just popping in
Just popping in

TonyK1955
See User information
Our 38 Super Eight coupe had original body color under the front fender. Can't remember rears as they were rusty and didn't pay attention. We choose to paint both front and rear fenders with black Tex Coat from Transtar. Its a chip guard spray which gets really hard and looks good. Expensive ($25 per can) and have to be very careful when used as very hard to remove from painted surfaces. One plus can per rear fender, two for front ( we hope as yet to do). We purchased from auto paint supplier. I suppose the original fender underside was painted the body color because it was faster and cheaper. I felt that our body paint would have been too expensive and hard to work with under the fender and not be as protective. Inside the engine compartment we painted body color on most of the exposed panels but not all. Another decision. Good luck.

Posted on: 2018/5/15 10:34
 Top  Print 

Re: Inside fender colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Some types of bed liner coating can be tinted with color.

John

Posted on: 2018/5/15 11:50
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved