Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Which Engine Oil?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
I was using an ZDDP additive to the Valvoline 30 wt oil I have been using for my 51 "300", but I cant seem to find the same additive.( They changed the packaging.)( I Think. ) I have had no issues, but I know the car needs an oil change, so in a way I am in the same boat as the original poster of this thread.ie: not sure what way to go. I Like the ZDDP additive, and have had no issues. What ZDDP additive?

Posted on: 2018/8/22 19:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

johntrhodes81
See User information
The blue bottle STP has ZDDP in it.
John

Posted on: 2018/8/25 22:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
But is one bottle of STP enough? Also what is the weight of STP - straight 30W? ---40W?

Posted on: 2018/8/28 22:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dennis Franco
See User information
I run Rotellla 15/40 and a quart of Lucas Oil Stablizer. My car has 123k. Original engine no rebuilds. It was making a little noise in the lifters. I started using the stablizer and the lifter noise is gone. It has 30lbs idling and 42lbs at highway speed (oil pressure)

Posted on: 2018/9/2 15:19
Dennis
1953 Packard Cavalier Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved