Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 95

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Build sheet 1955
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

55packard400
See User information
Hello all
Can someone tell me where the possible location
Of the factory build sheet may be
Thanks
Mark

Posted on: 2018/9/7 11:19
 Top  Print 

Re: Build sheet 1955
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Well, it is not on the car. I think The Studebaker Museum has a few but their holdings are far from complete.

Posted on: 2018/9/7 11:44
 Top  Print 

Re: Build sheet 1955
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm not sure there was a standard location -- at least not in 55-56. Many with postwar cars have found them taped to the top of the glove box or the slip tightly folded and wedged between the gas tank fill pipe and vent tube up under the fender. Those were the most common places but there were others. In 55-6 the radio head is directly above the glove box so if it was something that was done as it went down the line that location might prove difficult.

On 55-6 models other places finding them have been under the back seat, inside a front door cavity, under the front carpet on top of the transmission hump and wedged in the springs under the front seat.

Since you have a 400 the Stude Museum is worth checking. I believe I read they had many of the senior hardtop sheets but not all and some of the Patrician sheets. Unknown about Clippers.

Posted on: 2018/9/7 11:56
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved