Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 124

Packard Don, happy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

307 five passenger coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I visited my friend in Lewistown MT yesterday - the one who owns a six cylinder 307-1253 two door coupe. It is unusual in that it has suicide type doors. He's owned the car for years, and is now retired and is doing a frame off restoration.

While cleaning up the interior of the car in preparation for body work and paint, he found a small brass data plate in the back seat area. It was just tucked in a corner, loose. It is about 3/4" high and maybe 2" wide. It "Body Number" on the top line, then "307-1253" stamped in it, then in small letters on the bottom "Packard Motor Car Co Detroit Mich". The plate has small holes on each end for attachment, but the plate doesn't look like screws or brads have been used to attach it. He has the data plate that goes on the firewall, but hasn't found any holes anywhere on the body corresponding to where the body number plate could have been installed. I'm used to the Packards of the late 30's and early 50's where body tags have been attached to the bottom of the seats, so maybe this is where it should be installed.

So - first question - anyone have any ideas as to where to install it after the restoration is done?

Second question - anyone have any info on this particular body style? It's not one I'm familiar with. A photo of it is in the Photo Archive.

Thanks

Posted on: 2019/1/16 10:10
 Top  Print   

Re: 307 five passenger coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
David, I'd like to see a picture, can you narrow down just where the photo is in the photo archive?

Posted on: 2019/1/16 11:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Here's the connection to the existing photo. I'll add more in a few minutes.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=11625&cid=32

Posted on: 2019/1/16 12:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
here are some photos I took yesterday. The body, frame and fenders are all on dollies for repairs and painting. The trunk lid is missing as the body was modified during WWII to put in a wooden bed, so it would be a farm vehicle and get more gas ration stamps.

So Kenny needs a lid, hinges, latch and latch mechanism if anyone has a lead on some. Photos of similar models would help a lot if anyone has any. You can contact me and I'll contact Kenny. He doesn't believe in computers!

Attach file:

jpg  (68.13 KB)
1679_5c3f714a7006f.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (45.09 KB)
1679_5c3f715544c1d.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (43.34 KB)
1679_5c3f715f40c4d.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (42.88 KB)
1679_5c3f716dcf846.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2019/1/16 13:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved