Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 91

Ozstatman, William Grosz, r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Transport Services
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Anyone have experience or recommendations for reasonably priced transport services from upstate NY to New Orleans, Louisiana, area? I have a gearhead friend who just purchased a Model A Ford and would like to have it transported in an enclosed trailer. He's gotten one estimate of around $1500, and is not sure if that is reasonable or not. The vehicle is stored indoors and time is not a factor, especially with the weather conditions in the Northeast right now.
TIA,
John

Posted on: 2019/3/1 10:57
 Top  Print 

Re: Transport Services
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
A reputable transporter with a covered trailer will charge about $1 per mile or a bit more. I would go with a major car transporter rather than an independent carrier. Also, deal directly with the transporter, not one of the many brokers out there. Schedule will be dependent upon when they can arrange your car with others going in the same direction. This may take a few weeks.

Posted on: 2019/3/1 12:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on.

Posted on: 2019/3/1 20:16
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just for reference, it costs me about $1800 to have the Clipper transported from Southern Calif to the Chicago area. That's just a hair under 2000 miles. It was shipped in one of those double-decker enclosed trailers. Arrived on time and without any damage. The same driver that picked it up was the one that dropped it off. Upon pickup, there were two Vetts in the trailer already on the upper level. It usually is cheaper if you can schedule out so you are part of a multi-car run going in the same direction.

I used a company called United Routes.

Posted on: 2019/3/8 10:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Thanks Kev. I'll pass that info on to my buddy.

Posted on: 2019/3/8 10:56
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved