Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bell housing torque 56 ultra. Aluminum case
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Well.

I bought the complete service counselor. 55.56

Nothing in there about the torque for the bell housing bolts aluminum case.

No mention of the aluminum case.

Posted on: 2019/3/5 4:50
Riki
 Top  Print 

Re: Bell housing torque 56 ultra. Aluminum case
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Riki wrote:
Well.

I bought the complete service counselor. 55.56

Nothing in there about the torque for the bell housing bolts aluminum case.

No mention of the aluminum case.

Ordinarily in times past I could simply go to my Packard service references pieces which I kept in abundance, including my own charts and notes from dealer service people at Earle C. Anthony, Frost & French and elsewhere. But all of that stuff that wasn't stolen from me years ago is packed away in my warehouse. I just don't have easy access to it, but I assure you my memories are still sharp on this stuff.

I was tutored in the 1970s on rebuilding Ultramatics by two dealership people from the dealers I mentioned and by a fellow known as "The Packard Doctor" (D.S. McKnight) who once had a thriving Packard business in SoCal. I rebuilt two Ultramatics which (as far as I know) never had problems again.

I'd love to just go take photos of this stuff, but it is all packed in hundreds of boxes in the back of my warehouse. So at present, that's all I can say.

Posted on: 2019/3/5 13:28
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved