Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Chrome cleaner
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I have a hood ornament that was not cleaned in 63 years and was black and yellow with tarnish.It laid in a garage since it was removed from the car in the mid 50s. I tried all the cleaners that I normally use nothing worked.Even tried laying rags soaked with vinegar on it for hours Still nothing.I tried this stuff called blue magic and in less than 1 hour the ornament shined about as good as it could without being rechromed . But I did try this on bumpers and the results where the same as any other cleaner.Maybe it just worked on that because of the type of tarnish that was on it.But you may want to try it if you have something with black and yellow Tarnish.

Attach file:

jpg  (274.03 KB)
3379_5c85171b66d03.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (188.32 KB)
3379_5c85174c6f578.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2019/3/10 8:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Chrome cleaner
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I use Blue Magic on my chrome and it works wonders on my Rvs aluminum rims. I use gloves when working with it especially on the RV's rims otherwise the hands turn out black from the metal.

Posted on: 2019/3/10 15:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Chrome cleaner
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I have used kerosene and 000/0000 steel wool to clean and polish chrome and stainless steel. It does not scratch the finish and leaves a very thin oil film to help protect the finishes. Kerosene was a common cleaner and lubricator back in the day when watch were cleaned and oiled. The oil in the kerosene does not get thick, impede or create friction in watch movements. I have found that chrome pitted by corrosion cleans up well and the kerosene appears (too me) to slow down the corrosive action. Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2019/3/11 9:23
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved