Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 75

PP56FR, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 »

Re: GearRat's '52
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Howdy Guys!

Not much progress, as far as the car is concerned, to update y'all on right now. I've been pretty busy with finding a part time job to help fund my projects as well as entertaining the ladies.... Exhausting. Let's just say you don't wanna be a young, dating, male or lady, in this generation. Especially when you're an old soul like me.

Anyways... Took the '52 to my job interview and it went well; I got the job. That old gal is my good luck charm! So, now I can save up to get a truck and a CLEAN title for the Packard. I'm not so certain if the '52 is going to make it to Salado this year, but I'm still planning on attending. Things for the time being are looking fairly bright.

Hope all is well!

-Garrett

Posted on: 2015/2/21 18:17
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations on getting the job. Did the interviewer see you drive up showing your patina and feel sorry or did he come to the conclusion you are an enterprising lad worth hiring because you decided to take on the project.

Posted on: 2015/2/21 18:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Congratulations on getting the job. Did the interviewer see you drive up showing your patina and feel sorry or did he come to the conclusion you are an enterprising lad worth hiring because you decided to take on the project.

Haha! I'll say a tiny bit of the former and hopefully the majority being with the latter. Or the other way around

Posted on: 2015/2/21 19:38
Garrett

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hello Packardinfo-ers!

Nothing much to report on the car other than the fact that I can't really enjoy her since I'm still without a title and I still have a parking brake issue that I resolve by using a wood block behind the tire. The good news is that my brother and I have been working weekends to get my late grandfather's 1935 Ford up and running again. There is still a ways to go, but we finally got her fired up after a very long time! Vidoe here:1935 Ford

Hope all is well,

-Garrett

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U_S1M3e_Ad0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2015/9/8 12:32
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey guys!

Quick question... I left a carburetor in Berryman Chem-dip for at least a week and a half and now the carb has a flat, light gray finish. Is this bad?

Thank you,

-Garrett

Posted on: 2015/9/20 15:11
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Is it just a color change, or has any of the "meat" of the carb been eaten away? There should be a few places on the carb body where Carter or C or WGD were cast into the metal. I would think that if those details are still there, the rest of the carb should be ok.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 6:15
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As Tobs indicates you may have just removed the colorization on the die cast. If you suspect that the casting itself has been partially eaten away the first place I'd check would be threaded sections as the "tip" of female threads (such as the fuel inlet) would be among the first to suffer damage. If the threads have been eroded, it's probably junk.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 8:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Thanks guys!

Luckily the casting was still strong and hadn't been eaten away at! I cleaned up the outside and gasket surfaces with a light steel brush, it brightened up well and didn't flake. The carburetor is now all rebuilt.

Thank you again,

-Garrett

Posted on: 2015/9/21 13:12
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Good to see you back! I've been away myself, and need to get back to work on the old girl. Good job on the carb!

Posted on: 2015/9/21 16:23
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Howdy Packardinfo-ers,

Hope everyone is doing well! It has been a good while since I've been on and unfortunately I don't have much in the way of updates on the '52. The car has been sitting for over a year now without starting and I'm not sure what all she will need to be up and running again. Between getting married and having our first baby I am swamped. I so dearly hope to get the Packard running again soon because I miss it like crazy. Maybe soon I'll be taking my baby boy for a ride in it and spread Packard lore. Looking forward to getting back on the trail.

Best regards,

GEAR-RAT

Attach file:

jpeg  (251.29 KB)
3628_5cabaef8bcc30.jpeg 1920X1434 px

Posted on: 2019/4/8 15:30
Garrett

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved