Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: '38 Senior wheel color
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Yes, it's not much like my wheel. The spokes are obviously chrome plated steel. A "quick fix" is to spray them with something like WD40 which will dissolve most of the rust. Leave for a while then wipe off, dry thoroughly and coat with something like wax polish. If they need more work, steal a plastic abrasive pad from the kitchen and give it a good rub with Autosol metal polish or similar. Then don't put the pad back!

That should make it more presentable, then you can do whatever makes sense to rejuvenate the rim. Brian

Posted on: 2019/6/12 22:15
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print   

Re: '38 Senior wheel color
Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
Brian,

Good to hear from Down Under. My neighbors used to live there and they have a sign at the street with Outback painted on it and an arrow to their house.

I will try your WD and pad trick. Good advice on tossing it. I have gotten in trouble before using my wife's (it is actually ours, but I am the only one with that view) oven to heat bearings and the freezer to shrink them. Very bad tongue lashings followed when discovered.

Posted on: 2019/6/13 7:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved