Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 141

BigKev, bkazmer, Tom (Packin31), TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

"Interesting" 1942 shown on AACA Website
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
This thread on the AACA Website shows a 1942 Packard For Sale in Oregon. Appears to be a One Sixty from the badging on the sides of the bonnet(hood) although no corresponding badge on the boot(trunk). The taillights appear to be the same as those on 1941 110/120's, would that be correct?

But what I'm really interested in is the contrasting colour(color) between the stainless(?) trim strips. Anyone ever seen anything like this? Or is just someones customisation? The upper trim strip may even be just paint!

Attach file:

jpg  (94.56 KB)
226_5d1042b41a6d6.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2019/6/23 22:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Re: "Interesting" 1942 shown on AACA Website
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mal, thanks. 1942 is correct and the first impression is really promising but sellers buyers would be well advised to check the car on-site.

Quote:
...Anyone ever seen anything like this?...

Never.

Posted on: 2019/6/24 0:59
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
With a 148" wheelbase it has to be at least a 160. The upper "stainless" strip on the beltline is probably paint. I've never seen anything like it and assume it's a customization. The tail lights are an open question. The 1935-41 parts manual is no help nor is the 1942-1947 Clipper specific manual. Maybe he sold the senior lights to make a house payment. All the pertinent 1942 rear-end photos I can find (very few) show senior style rear tail lights (but they are all 180's).

Posted on: 2019/6/24 9:12
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a small stamped "ledge" on the Packard hood just adjacent to and slightly above the molding. I think that wide stripe was painted on the ledge and was someones idea of bling which IMHO, missed the mark.

Posted on: 2019/6/24 9:25
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I always found it curious and wondered what the circumstances were, but 1942 junior convertible coupes all carried senior tail lights.

Posted on: 2019/6/24 9:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I think that wide stripe was painted on the ledge and was someones idea of bling...

Howard, it maybe was the vehicle of the local fire chief.

Attach file:

jpg  (58.22 KB)
757_5d110aa450747.jpg 738X551 px

Posted on: 2019/6/24 12:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...Actually the 1942 does not look all that bad for being outside in the weeds. The interior is clean and the paint is passable...I wonder if this Packard was cleaned up in the 1950's or 1960's and then loved for quite a while and now is the odd girl out? I think she needs a new boyfriend and a new garage. If she was cleaned up years ago, her running gear may well be functional...she reminds me of how our 1949 was when she came to us....Ernie in Arzina

Posted on: 2019/6/24 12:52
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Gerd, I suppose anything is possible and if that is the case I'll change my opinion to tastefully done -- and if it is a chief's car It still amazes me how many public servants or cities managed to have high dollar Packards for their bureaucrats and elected officials when so many of them claim to be low paid or cities cry broke.

Posted on: 2019/6/24 13:05
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It was probably hit in the rear. For a while you could get plastic reproductions of the Su8 and Cu8 lenses. The glass ones were next to impossible. But you still had to have the housings. The missing front splash aprons are another next to impossible without a lot of friends. And the hubcaps are postwar. Forget about finding the correct ones which are a larger dish but look the same.

For someone willing to learn how to sew the interior could be redone. That interior is a disaster area. The radio block out leads me to think it was of government fleet. The government bought a lot of Packards in 1942. I doubt that color is original. It was probably done the same time as the horrific interior.

Who knows what kind of abuse the drive train has endured.

I'll wager $4,000 cash and a trailer will take it home.

You could make the following argument: "Buddy, even if you gave me this car for nothing I'm still going to regret it."

Posted on: 2019/6/24 14:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Offered in Moscow for $100 per set.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.46 KB)
757_5d1131c7acbc7.jpg 683X458 px

Posted on: 2019/6/24 15:25
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved