Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

327 9 main Packard patrician crack in Block
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packard4one
See User information
I am going to be getting this crack repaired. I understand this is an unusual place for the block to crack. Has anyone seen our crack in the block here before and had success repairing it? It is just along the manifold surface on the side of the engine towards the front. I am no Packard expert, but I believe this is from where the previous owner attempted to start and run the car with a blockage in the manifolds. I already pulled out a lot of heat shield material that was wrapped around the valves and posted this earlier on the forum in May. Darn mice nests!

Attach file:

jpeg  (229.48 KB)
196681_5d16783158da0.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/6/28 15:27
 Top  Print 

Re: 327 9 main Packard patrician crack in Block
Just popping in
Just popping in

wileypackard
See User information
I think you should take the block to have it magnafluxed before you proceed.You can always stitch a block,but its usualy and engine shop that does the work.

Posted on: 2019/6/28 19:42
 Top  Print 

Re: 327 9 main Packard patrician crack in Block
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packard4one
See User information
Yes, the Machine Shop said the first thing they're going to do is clean it up really well. They also said they think they can stitch it.

Posted on: 2019/6/30 7:22
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved