Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 161

Jack Vines, BigKev, Dads 56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Proving Grounds - Ask the Woman Who Lived There
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All:

Back on May 22, 2019 I posted a notice under "Shows and Events" that the Packard Motor Car Foundation was hosting an Ice Cream Social the day before our Cars-R-Stars show where we would introduce some special guests to our visitors.

When Packard opened the proving grounds in 1928 it was also the home of the Manager of the Test Track, Charles Vincent and his family - wife Lucile and three daughters, Dorothea, Cornelli and the youngest, Roberta. We were lucky to have Roberta (Bobbie) visiting us along with two of her nieces Karen and Mary (Cornelli's daughters) that weekend. The last time Bobbie visited her first home was back during the PAC National Meet in 2006.

During Bobbie's visit we were able to spend some time with her and record an oral/video history of some of her remembrances growing up at the PPG.

Thought you would want to see an early version of what was recorded. There will be more to come.

Please let me know what you think.

https://vimeo.com/345774105

Posted on: 2019/7/3 13:31
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard Proving Grounds - Ask the Woman Who Lived There
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Roger,
Great video. Thanks for your leadership at PPG.
Mike Grimes

Posted on: 2019/7/3 16:01
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved